Location & How to Reach
Tanhau is located in the Mohan range on the north eastern edge of Corbett Tiger Reserve in Uttarakhand. It is 42 kilometers away from the nearest railhead Ramnagar.
How to get to Tanhau from Delhi:
The distance from Delhi is approximately 300 km and the directions are as given below. The directions are based on present road conditions and therefore suggest the best route:
- Delhi–Garaula (~115 km from Nizamuddin Bridge): Take NH 24 via Ghaziabad Via Hapur bypass to Gajraula. Gajraula is a good place for a meal with multiple options like McDonalds, KFC, Dominos, Tadka. Udupiwala etc. All of the restaurants mentioned above have clean washrooms. There is also a fuel station right next to McDonalds.
- From McDonalds at Gajraula carry on straight for exactly 60.8 km till the end of the Moradabad bypass
- At the end of the bypass take a sharp left (nearly an U-turn). After this left, continue straight for exactly 2.2 kms, post which you take a right towards Kashipur. Please ensure that you do not carry on straight into Moradabad city.
- After taking the right, continue straight to Kashipur (~45 km). ON reaching Kashipur, take a left and drive straight through Kashipur and further continue straight on to Ramnagar (25 km)
- Drive straight through Ramnagar following the highway to Mohan (20 km)
- At the Mohan checkpost, take the left fork towards Marchula
- From Mohan, drive about 7 km till you pass Durgadevi gate (entry point into the Lohachaur zone of CTR) on your left. About 2 km after you have passed the Durgadevi gate (and about 5.5 km prior to reaching Marchula) you will reach Chimtakhal.
- Chimtakhal is the first location on the road where you will see a road turning off to the right. There is also the remnants of an earlier existing dhaba that used to b there. From Chimtakhal, take the road to the right.
- Continue approximately 8 km along this road till a bus stop called Pathoria. We would be waiting at Pathoria to receive you and bring you up the last 4 kilometers of dirt track.
Driving time to Ramnagar from Delhi is around 5 hrs if you leave reasonably early in the morning. From Ramnagar, it takes about another 1.5 hours to cover the 42 km to Tahau.
If you would prefer not to drive and rather hire a taxi from Delhi, we will be happy to arrange it for you. We work with operators who we trust and can vouch for.
The nearest rail head from Tanhau is Ramnagar ( 42 km).
There are two trains that ply daily between Delhi and Ramnagar, making it very convenient to reach Tanhau easily:
- The Sampark Kranti Express (train number 15035) departs Old Delhi railway station at 1600 hrs and reaches Ramnagar at 2040 hrs. From Ramnagar, the 25036 Link Express leaves Ramnagar at 0950 hours, reaching Delhi at 1520 hours.
- The Ranikhet Express (train number 15013) leaves Old Delhi railway station at 2230 hours and arrives in Ramnagar at 0445 the following morning. The 25014 Corbett Link Park Express leave Ramnagar daily at 2200 hours, reaching Delhi the next morning at 0355 hrs.
We will, of course, be happy to be at Ramnagar station to receive you and drive you to Tanhau.