Corbett and Tanhau have distinctly different seasons, and it’s important that you come prepared correctly so that you truly enjoy your stay with us.
- Winter: Make sure to carry adequate warm clothing, including woolen caps and gloves. Mornings and evenings can be very cold, especially if you go for a jungle safari in an open safari vehicle.
- Summer: Loose cotton clothes are recommended during this time. If you are planning to go on nature hikes or camping, then please carry along some long trousers and long sleeved t-shirts to avoid getting scratched by the undergrowth.
- Monsoons: Please carry a raincoat if possible, this will help you enjoy the magic of the monsoons better. If it’s windy, Tanhau can get a little chilly during this season so you could also consider carrying a light windcheater.
- Across all Seasons:
- Carry a pair of good walking shoes
- Try to have muted colours for at least the outer layer of your clothing as bright colours disturb the animals
- Medicines – In case you have a specific medical condition, please do remember to carry along your medicines. We have a medical kit in Tanhau that covers the more widely used medicines, however the chemists’ shops in Rmanagar are not very well stocked.
- Others –
- Torch: If possible, do carry along a torch or headlamp along with you – it will definitely be useful during the evenings at Tanhau
- Insect repellent, mainly in the monsoons